How Cycling Improves Health | World Bicycle Day | 3 June
- June 3, 2022
- No Comment
World Bicycle Day is celebrated on June 3 every year. It is the oldest means of transport which has been in the use for two centuries. The cycle is a environment-friendly mode of transportation.
Here 10 Reasons WhyEvery Student Should use a Bicycle.
The benefits of exercise are far and wide and getting a regular boost of endorphins and serotonin is great for when you need to focus on your studies.
It increases children’s road safety awareness
- Focusing on the road while cycling helps ease feelings of stress and anxiety, while helping clear your mind of mental chatter.
- Cycling reduce congestion and pollution around the school gates.
- Cycling improves blood sugar levels.
Cycling leads to more energy.
- Cycling can grow your brain in the same way it can grow the muscles.
Riding increases the production of proteins for brain cells.
- Cycling improves memory and brain functioning.
- Cycling can help to protect you from serious diseases such as stroke, heart attack, some cancers, depression, diabetes, obesity and arthritis.
Benifits of Cycling
- Cycling uses minimal fossil fuels and is a pollution-free mode of transport. Bikes reduce the need to build, service and dispose of cars.
- It probably isn’t rocket science that tiring yourself out on the bike will improve your sleep – but now it’s been proven.
- Cycling is great exercise but it is also low impact which means less injuries because you’re not jumping and pounding on the ground. Your joints will be thankful!
- Being more physically active improves your vascular health, which has the knock-on effect of boosting your sex drive, according to health experts in the US.
- Cycling just 20 miles a week reduces your risk of heart disease to less than half that of those who take no exercise.